Here is the end product. Note, I have only tested this in Firefox and Safari. Update: tested in IE.
So, how do you build it?
First, the behavior:
- The table to be searched has an arbitrary number of columns.
- There is one text box for searching
- Searching is dynamic - start typing and it starts filtering
- When you search, each word you search for has to appear in at least one column in a row, or that row is hidden
- All the words you search for don't have to appear in each column.
It's late, so I'll leave the rest of the details for now.